Whether you require safety signs for indoors or outdoors, we offer you safety signs made of the materials to match your needs. Choose from one of the following materials that best fits your custom sign application. Safety sign can be produced with Photo Luminescent material dependent on the application and are SABS approved.
When should safety signs be used?
- Safety signs should be used whenever a hazard or danger cannot be avoided adequately or reduced.
- Before installing safety signs an employer should examine whether the hazard can be avoided or reduced by collective precautions (precautions that protect everybody) or safer ways of doing the work.
What types of safety signs are exist?
- A safety sign provides information about safety or health and can be a signboard, colour, acoustic signal, verbal communication, or hand signal.
Why should safety signboards not contain text?
- Safety signboards should not contain too much text as symbols or pictograms on a signboard are intended to be understood, independently of the language ability of the worker viewing it.
- Employers must provide safety signs if there is a significant risks that can’t be avoided or controlled in any other way, such as through safe systems of work or engineering controls.
- There is no need to provide safety signs if they don’t help reduce the risk or if the risk isn’t significant. This applies to all places and activities where people are employed.